Sunday 31 August 2008

No. 2 (What's a Kumquat?)

Are the recipes in mystic Pig analagous to the melting pot of contemporary New Orleans and the character's lives? Maybe. There's a lot going on in the novel, many strands of cause and effect; hyper-convoluted relationships and emotional attachments which get bent this way and that, tinctured by betrayal, disappointment, emotional abandonment yet flavoured by acceptance, devotion and absolute conviction through barbaric honesty. You only hurt the ones you love 'nall that. Or the ones you eat with anyway... I can't wait to get this book into the hands of reading groups. Obviously they'll all tell me it's s**t, I've no idea what I'm talking about and I'm a deluded fool but I've had numerous girlfriends tell me that and I'm still standing so bring it on :)

Mind you - I'm even happier to discuss the novel over this dish - what time shall I come round...?

No comments: